[[Gah, sorry I haven’t been posting
much at all the past couple of days. Uni started back up, and deadlines have suddenly gotten a lot closer.]]
[[I’m often lurking, though, so if you wanna send me a starter or an ask or something, i’ll still respond. c:]]
Home Alone (Drabble)
Mark sighed as he closed the door to his room, discarding his helmet on the bed.
Another day, another battle. As much as he had come to think of Coldfront as his home, it had been extremely quiet lately. Nobody from RED had contacted the team for months now. The last contact must have been when that storm came by, and that was over three months ago. It was almost as if-
As if they’d been abandoned.
The soldier’s breath caught in his throat as the idea dawned on him. Had they been abandoned? Could they do that, just completely excommunicate a base without warning? No, no, of course they wouldn’t do that. They were important mercenaries, and besides, their supplies were still coming in regularly, so there was no way the bosses had left them to die out in the cold! That was just crazy talk!
He slumped against the wall, sliding down it to sit on the floor, staring at the ceiling.
"Yeah, heh, of course they’re still watching us, making sure we’re okay. Why wouldn’t they be?"
Though he wouldn’t admit it, even to himself, the unsettled look in his eyes and his rigid posture made it clear; he knew.
He may well be home, but they were home alone now.
Character Stats Framework.
- Full Name: Mark Letty
- Nickname(s): N/A
- Title: RED Soldier
- Age: 27
- Birthdate: 28th May 19XX
- Species: Human
- Nationality: English
- Gender: Male
- Preferred Pronoun(s): He/him
- Romantic Orientation: Heteroromantic
- Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
- Religion: None (brought up Christian)
- Occupation: Mercenary
- Status: Healthy
- Fandom: TF2 (OC)
- Face Claim: N/A
- Parents: Dead
- Siblings: Younger sister, missing
- Family: All ties cut
- Significant Other(s): None
- Children: None
- Closest Friends: Ellie (I need to RP more)
- Rivals: None (I really need to RP more)
- Enemies: None (Yup, defenitely need to RP more)
- Eye Color(s): Bright blue (#37FEEF)
- Hair Color(s): Honey blonde
- Height: 6’0”
- Weight: ???
- Body Build: Lean for a Soldier, but muscular, especially in the arms
- Notable Physical Traits: Chipped tooth (when mouth is open)
Phobias and Diseases
- Phobia(s): No major phobias
- Mental Disease(s): PTSD (mostly recovered)
- Physical Disease(s): None
- When was this diagnosed and/or how did it happen?: PTSD - Not diagnosed
- Usual Mood/Expression: Content
- Moral Alignment: Neutral Good
- Enneagram: The Helper (or The Achiever)
- Four Temperaments: Choleric
- Hogwarts House: Gryffindor
- Top Five Tropes: Band of Brothers, Beware the Nice Ones, Improbable Weapon User, True Companions, Wouldn’t Hurt a Child (I’m not very trope-savvy)
- Five Prominent Traits: Amicable, Loyal, Resourceful, Scatterbrained, Self-Sacrificing
- Compassion: 8/10
- Empathy: 8/10
- Creativity: 9/10
- Mental Flexibility: 8/10
- Passion/Motivation: 8/10
- Education: 7/10
- Stamina: 4/10
- Physical Strength: 7/10
- Battle Skill: 8/10
- Initiative: 8/10
- Restraint: 8/10
- Agility: 5/10
- Strategy: 7/10
- Teamwork: 9/10
[[Oh, not sure if I mentioned, but this blog’s gonna be fairly inactive for a while. Uni’s starting up again, and it’s straight into exam season, so this’ll have to go on the backburner for a while.]]
[[So i’m snooping around active bases, and I managed to find one.]]
[[Turns out, someone Mark knows (well, someone he’d recognise) is at the base.]]
[[Not sure if this is good because familiarity, or bad because accidental stalking.]]
[[So it looks like Coldfront’s mods have gone missing. I’m wondering if it’s about time Mark moved to another base anyway…]]
Whittler Wannabe (Drabble/Open)
If you happened to be wandering around the central point of Coldfront, you might notice something other than snow floating on the wind, or catch the hints of a voice over the bluster. Tracing it back to its source, you would come to the ledge leading from the RED base, with a glance upwards revealing the young Soldier, eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he moved the knife in his right hand around the wood in his left, thin shavings coming off and being caught by the breeze, scattered about the battlefield.
The soldier cursed again as the blade bit into his finger, red droplets falling down only to freeze in place next to their brethren far below. Cold and exasperated, the man jammed the finger to his lips, stemming the flow of blood as he got to his feet and made his way inside. Pulling a short length of bandage from his pocket, he tied it around his hands where the cuts were particularly deep, leaving several of his fingers practically mummified. Pausing for a moment outside the infirmaries, he flexed the digits, wincing as the cuts began to sting from the pressure.
[[ [cracks knuckles] ]]
[[Time to do some roleplayin’.]]
Every (¬‿¬) I get my muse will remove a piece of clothing.
[[I’ll remember to say something this time; i’ll be on intermittently throughout today. Family gathering, but I have relatively easy access to my laptop, though I haven’t seen a lot of these people in a while, so i’ll be being social too.]]